Annoying as it is, blocked drains are one of the most commonplace plumbing issues in Melbourne households. Apart from the trouble they give you, blocked drains can eventually damage your place through cracking the pipes, flooding, and even by giving back the pressure into your plumbing system. Inadvertently, plumbing issues are an emergency. Therefore, it is better to seek professional plumbers who serve round the clock.
Clauses of blocked drains in Melbourne
Your plumber might pick good-quality pipes for the drains. They can be good at offering steady pressure. However, even the best quality drain pipes are not wide enough to clear up foreign objects, such as dirt from your garden or the food scraps from the kitchen completely. It is one of the primary reasons for homeowners suffering from blocked drains in Melbourne.
Some of the other reasons for getting clogged drains include:
- Hair strands or other debris entering the drainage system.
- Food substances, such as oils and fats, getting washed down in the sink.
- Flushing of sanitary napkins, diapers, and baby wipes often causes stubborn plugs, thus resulting in a blocked sewer. It can also impact the neighbouring households.
Repairing Blocked Drains
If you see that the water in the sink in your kitchen or bathroom is not running well, you can thrust a plunger on the plughole for a basic clear-up. However, if there is a serious blockage, it is better not to try DIY methods to unplug. You need to call for emergency plumber services for situations like:
- Flooding drain
- Damaging the entire plumbing system of the house.
Choosing Your Service Provider
The most competent plumber services in Melbourne would have:
- Kits and equipment to unclog the drains. Their toolkit should have everything from the old school elbow grease to clean up to specialized machines to suck or push anything to clear the blockage.
- Flexible, small cameras that can go down the drain and see what might be wrong. The cameras can also detect whether the blockage has caused any damage to the drain. It will help in a timely intervention to check the damage.
A plumbing professional would also clean up all the mess after doing their job.