None of the home maintenance issues can be as frustrating as the blocked drains and toilets. There would hardly be any homeowner who has never faced them. While you resort to the local companies to do the needful, very few of them might deliver the cleaning job that the drains need. It is because clearing the drains are a more complicated job than you might think.
Choosing a Company That Cares
Amidst all the flashy promises and advertisements of companies offering blocked drains in Melbourne and adjoining areas, choosing a plumbing partner might be tricky. However, the most responsible companies would:
- Have a team equipped with all the recent tools and technologies. It would include clearing the drains with hydro jets and using CCTV and other locating equipment.
- Have plumbers who can detect the actual source of the blockage. It can be anything from sewer drains to stormwater. Whatever might be the root cause, the plumbers would diagnose, as well as repair and clear.
- Give an all-inclusive resort on the completion of the job. The report would ideally include CCTV footage of all the findings on the site.
The testimonials of customers might say whether your chosen company lives up to its promises.
How Do Plumbers Clear Blocked Drains?
If you see that your drain is flooding or causing damage to the other areas of the house, immediately call services to clear blocked drains in Fitzroy without a second thought. Depending on the severity and type of damage, the plumber’s team can:
- Send flexible, small cameras into the pipe. It would record what might be damaging the pipe.
- Use the good old technique of elbow grease or utilize sophisticated machines to suck or push anything that might plug the system.
- Assist in clearing away all the mess after cleaning the blocked drain.
On Preventing the Damage
The companies maintaining blocked toilets and drains in Richmond have a few tips to share. It might help to keep your drainage system under check.
- Avoid washing with any other liquid, except water and mild soap, while using the sink.
- Dispose of oils and fats in a bin instead of downing them in the sink or toilet.
- Arrange for a yearly inspection to see if there is any build-up of debris.
Go for annual maintenance of your house plumbing system to prevent blocked drains and clogged toilets.