No matter how scrupulous you are about keeping your home, unforeseen and annoying maintenance issues might spring up anytime. There seems to be hardly a homeowner who has not experienced blocked washrooms. Sometimes, they happen even without you knowing. To be safe than sorry, there are certain things you should know.
Signs of a Blocked Loo
You can say that you have blocked drains when:
- The water drains away, but slowly after you flush.
- You start hearing unusual sounds after flushing.
- Your toilet emits a strong sewage-like smell.
- The water level in your toilet bowl changes after you flush.
- The water comes back even after flushing.
Do Your Test
Before calling your local blocked drain-clearing service provider in Melbourne, there are certain things that you can do. This would confirm if you need professional help right away. For example:
- Examine a few sinks, such as your kitchen sink and bathroom sinks. Allow water to run through them and observe their movement.
- Keep your ears open for bubbling sounds in the bathroom.
- Check for changes in the waterline.
- Repeat the procedure with the other appliances that you have at home. For instance, check your dishwasher and washing machine.
What Causes Blockage?
There is no single reason for having a blocked toilet. It can happen due to any reason, including:
- Accumulation of kitchen wastes and food in the drain
- Forced particles down the kitchen sink
- Allowing strands of hair to go down the shower drain.
- Letting the lubrication inside the sinks wash away.
- Flushing of sanitary napkins, toilet paper, and the like
- Unforeseen intrusions in the drainage are another common cause. It often happens if you have a relatively old property. Sometimes, the plants that spontaneously grow around the drains start spreading their roots. Gradually, they start entering the pipes of the drains. Over time, they might develop deep cracks.
No matter the cause of your toilet blockage, it always makes sense to hire a professional emergency plumber for fixing it up. Plumbing is one of those spheres where amateur, DIY efforts might worsen the situation. Hence it is ideal you keep your faith in the Plumber in Melbourne, who knows what they are doing.