Do you live in Fitzroy or Richmond and have a blocked toilet?
There are many different causes for blocked toilets – some can be easily fixed and some are a sign of something a bit more serious going on. Some can be fixed by you at home though some will need an experienced plumber and sometimes some pretty serious equipment to locate and solve for you. Blocked toilets in Melbourne are typically caused by a variety of things
THINGS TO TRY BEFORE CALLING A PLUMBER TO YOUR BLOCKED TOILET IN RICHMOND
- Plunge the toilet- ensure the plunger fully covers the outlet of the toilet. Submerge the plunger and push and pull so that water is being pushed through the opening and not air.
- Be patient with your toilet blockage. It may take 15 to 20 plunges to dislodge the toilet blockage before the water will easily get away as it is supposed to.
- Once you think you have cleared your blocked toilet remember that you may have only moved the blockage a little further down the line so make sure that you flush the toilet quite a few times afterwards to try and disperse the block and push it through the sewer.
BLOCKED TOILET – CAUSES
- Your toilet may have a low flow meaning not much water is pushing the waste through the toilet
- Items that shouldn’t be flushed have been flushed- wet wipes are a very common cause of blockages- they should never be flushed.
- Overuse of toilet paper is another common cause.
- Most residential sewerage systems have pipes that allow for ventilation- these can be undersized or blocked and effect the flow of the sewer.
- The main sewer line may be blocked. Imagine your sewer is a branch that connects to a sewer tree and although. Your branch may be clear the main tree may be blocked.
EQUIPMENT USED BY PLUMBERS TO CLEAR BLOCKED TOILETS IN MELBOURNE.
Toilet blockages that are in and around Melbourne that are more serious will require an experienced plumber to attend. They will most likely use a hydrojet to try and clear the blockage. They will also CCTV the drain to identify what is causing the blockage. In the most extreme cases the ground may need to be excavated and pipe may need to be replaced. This equipment and its upkeep is very expensive so expect a reasonable hourly rate for the plumber to attend. Your best bet if you have a serious blockage in Melbourne is to have an investigation done by a licensed plumber and then a plan can be made as to what needs to be done if the blockage cannot be cleared via Hydrojet.
AVOIDING TOILET BLOCKAGES IN MELBOURNE
The best way to avoid a toilet blockage in Melbourne is to have your sewer regularly inspected. Contact Pinnacle Plumbing they can access and CCTV your system 1 or 2 times a year. They can provide you a report of their findings and can prevent major plumbing issues and save you a lot of money in the long run.