Minor plumbing problems could occur in any house at any time – it is quite normal. But it is important to know when fixes can be through DIY and when they need the expertise of a professional. Otherwise, you stand the risk of letting small issues lead to escalated problems.
Take a look at 6 reasons that tell you to get emergency plumbing assistance without any delay:
- Risk of Flooding: The moment you sense the risk of flooding, you should be getting an emergency plumber in Richmond on the phone right away. Plumbing mishaps could cause flooding, which eventually leads to irreparable damage to carpet, floors, insulation, wood frames, and furniture.
- Pipe Burst: If a pipe bursts, you know for sure that you need to get professional plumbing help. A flood can cause massive damage inside your house. Immediately search for “plumber near me”. You can shut off the main water flow until plumbing services arrive.
- Overflow of Toilet: Another obvious sign to get professional plumbing help – toilet overflow. No one wants water contaminated with bacteria or viruses floating around on the bathroom floor or flooding out.
- Sewer Backup: If there is any backup from the sewer or blocked drains, it could cause problems in water draining out from your bathroom floor properly. You should be contacting your plumber at the earliest to see if the backup is due to a broken pipe, a block, or maybe even a tree root’s intrusion!
- Icy waters from the shower: If you have freezing water coming out of your, you will probably be jolted out of your senses in the first spray. If this is unusual, and if the water heater is old, it might be time for hot water system replacement.
- Clogged drains: Small clogs may be sorted with a plunger, but it is crucial to identify the actual reason for the blocked drain. Otherwise, you’ll have more water backing up than before you wielded the plunger.
Trust a reliable emergency plumber to get to the bottom of your plumbing troubles at the earliest and save yourself the hassle and costs of water damages in your home.